Saturday, November 28, 2009

My finds


Everything on the shelf above except for the star I found at the GW. I loved the little drawer and filled it with bobbins that I found at a garage sale. I'm always looking for cross stitched items at the goodwill. I can't imagine anyone getting rid of a cross stitch!

I found this breadbox at the gw and it was perfect, although UGLY. I did a quick makeover on it. Painted it black, distressed it and shaved off the ugly words on the glass and it is perfect!

I found the clock below at a garage sale. It is homemade. The cross stitch below is beautiful and fits perfectly into my house. I love the clock. I love cross stitch.
I love old brown dishes. I have started collecting them. Everything I have has come from the goodwill or garage sales. My mother in law bought me the green bowls at a garage sale when we first got married. They are so pretty and I love the brownware it reminds me of my grandma.



The table below we bought when we first got married. It's old and the chairs were worn so I found these chairs at the good will. They were perfect and even padded. The stools in the background were also found at the good will as were the candle sticks on the table.


I am very frugal when I buy for my house. I would rather spend my money on fabric for quilts. I find so much stuff at the goodwill or as a lady once called it "the blue boutique", I also find a ton of stuff at garage sales. I have added pictures of all of my precious finds....enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment